Breakfast Birds Nests
Here's what you need..
1 clove garlic, minced
1 small onion, finely chopped
3 slices organic, nitrate-free turkey bacon, chopped
dash of dried oregano, plus more for garnish
optional dash of salt (added salt is not in nutritional analysis)
dash of pepper
4 organic, omega-3, free range eggs
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Wash tomatoes, slice off the tops and scoop out the insides. Place tomatoes on a pan, and bake for 5 minutes.
- In a skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add garlic. Add onion. Add chopped bacon. Saute for 5 minutes, until mostly cooked. Add the spices and mix well.
- Turn oven to broil.
- Fill each tomato with the bacon mixture, leaving about 1/2 inch of space at the top of each tomato. Crack an egg into each tomato then sprinkle with oregano. Place in the oven under broiler for 5 minutes. Remove from oven once the top has set, and you'll have perfectly done over easy eggs.
- For well done eggs: change oven temperature back to 400 degrees F, and continue to bake for an additional 10 minutes.